What is Informal Recreation?
Informal Recreation is the drop-in use of a range of recreational activities
(see below) at RecSports facilities. Eligible members are welcome to drop
by any available RecSports facility and create their own fun.
Who's eligible to participate?
RecSports facilities are available, at no additional cost, to all currently
enrolled UT Austin students and current RecSports members. Guests with a photo ID are eligible
to participate when sponsored by an eligible participant via a
What activities are available?
Activities include badminton, basketball, dance/aerobics, dodgeball, field sports, handball/racquetball, jogging, martial arts, indoor soccer, squash, swimming, table tennis, tennis, tv/games lounge, volleyball, wallyball, weight training, and conditioning. CLICK HERE for a list of available activities and their locations.
Exceptions to the schedule:
This schedule is subject to change to acommodate academic classes, RecSports programs, maintenance projects, University holidays, and special events. CLICK HERE for a list of current reservations.
CLICK HERE to check the Inclement Weather page for weather-related status updates. For field and tennis facilities, a Rainout Information Line is also availalbe at (512) 452-2235 afer 4pm on weekdays, 8am on Saturdays, and 10am on Sundays.
Faculty/Staff Priority Hours:
Handball, racquetball, wallyball, and squash reservations may be made online up to seven days in advance with a valid UT EID and password or in person with a valid UT EID. CLICK HERE for more information or to make a reservation online.
Whitaker Tennis courts may be reserved up to seven days in advance by telephone at (512) 454-0888, or on a walk-on basis for same day/next day play during regular facility hours.
Please observe these guidelines to help maintain your facilities:
- Display appropriate identification upon entry or upon request.
- Participation is a privilege. Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Guests/children must be accompanied by a sponsor.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required. Wear shirts and non-marking athletic shoes.
- Food is restricted to café and lounge areas. Beverages in sealed, non-glass containers are allowed in all areas.
- Bikes/skateboards/rollerskates/rollerblades are prohibited.
- Pets, other than service animals, are prohibited.
- Headphones are required for personal stereos.
- Check in with building staff to claim reservations. Unreserved activity areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis with challenge and shared usage rules applying.
- Secure all valuables at all times.
- Contact building staff with any suggestions or concerns.
- The Division of Recreational Sports cannot be responsible for lost or stolen property or injuries sustained while participating.