Party on the Plaza
A Longhorn Welcome Signature Event.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Gregory Gym Plaza/Speedway Mall
Party on the Plaza (POP), presented by Uber, is a welcome-back-to-campus party for the entire UT community. All proceeds collected the day of the event benefit the UT Student Emergency Fund. Since 1999, the Party on the Plaza has donated over $100,000 to the fund and other charitable organizations.
- Offer a large number of activities/games to create a "something for everyone" atmosphere
- Donate money to a worthy organization
- Promote RecSports to new and returning students
- Provide the opportunity for student organizations to promote their activities
- Provide an opportunity for Division of Student Affairs departments and campus programs to promote their services
About the Student Emergency Fund
Student Emergency Services in the Office of the Dean of Students maintains this support fund, which provides limited emergency financial support to currently enrolled students who are unable to meet essential expenses due to a temporary or unexpected hardship.
|10:00am-4:00pm||Gregory Gym Plaza||
Enter to qualify for your chance to win a $2,000 scholarship.
|10:00am-5:00pm||Gregory Gym Plaza and Speedway Mall||
Meet over 300 student organizations and learn about ways to get involved on campus!
|10:00am-5:00pm||Gregory Gym Plaza||
Enjoy two slices of pizza from Austin's Pizza, bottled water, and a Party on the Plaza t-shirt* for $5.
*While supplies last
|4:00pm-5:00pm||Gregory Gym Plaza||
Scholarship Shootout Finals
Come out to cheer on the finalists for the Schoalrship Shootout!
- One male and one female student will win a $2,000 scholarship for the fall 2019 semester
- Qualify between 10:00am and 4:00pm on the Gregory Gym Plaza
- $1 per shot to qualify
- Shootout finals start at 4:00pm on the Gregory Gym Plaza
Meet representatives from over 300 student organizations and learn the many ways you can get involved on campus! Stay tuned for more information about student organizations that will be present during the Party on the Plaza 2019 Student Organization Fair.
Is your student organization interested in tabling at the Student Organization Fair? Registration is now open!
Purchase a $5 pizza lunch benefiting the Student Emergency Fund. The pizza lunch includes two slices of pizza from Austin's Pizza, bottled water, and a Party on the Plaza 2019 t-shirt (while supplies last).
- Recreational Sports
- Office of the Dean of Students: Student Activities
- Student Government
- Senate of College Councils
Party on the Plaza 2019 Corporate Supporters
- Austin's Pizza
- In-N-Out Burger
- American Campus Communities
- Shake Smart
- Camp Gladiator
- Amy's Ice Creams
If you need an accommodation to participate in this event, please contact Chad Zimmerman at 512-471-3116 no later than (5) five business days prior to the event.