A Longhorn Welcome Signature Event.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Gregory Gym Plaza/Speedway Mall
Party on the Plaza (POP), presented by Uber, is a welcome-back-to-campus party for the entire UT community. All proceeds collected the day of the event benefit the UT Student Emergency Fund. The Office of the Dean of Students-Student Emergency Services maintains this support fund primarily to help students in emergencies or dire financial straits due to loss of income from tragic or catastrophic events. Since 1999, the Party on the Plaza has donated over $100,000 to the fund and other charitable organizations.
- Offer a large number of activities/games to create a "something for everyone" atmosphere
- Donate money to a worthy organization
- Promote RecSports to new and returning students
- Provide the opportunity for student organizations to promote their activities
- Provide an opportunity for Student Affairs departments and campus programs to promote their services
- Student Organization Fair featuring over 200 registered student organizations
- Scholarship Shootout. Enter for a chance to win a $2,000 scholarship!
Scholarship Shootout Information
- 1 male and 1 female will win a $2,000 scholarship for the Fall 2018 semester
- $1 per shot to qualify
- Qualify between 10:00am and 4:00pm on the Gregory Gym Plaza
- Shootout finals start at 4:00pm
Student Organization Fair
Student organization leaders: Want to be a part of one of the largest student organization fairs on campus?
Join over 200 student organizations at this year's student organization fair. Registration for the fair opens on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 9:00am CDT.
- Student organizations must be currently registered and in good standing with Student Activities to participate.
- As a part of the registration process, each organization will pay a $20 fee that will go to support the UT Student Emergency Fund.
Register early, spaces fill quickly!
Register Your Student Organization
If you need an accommodation to participate in this event, please contact Chad Zimmerman at 512-471-3116 no later than (5) five business days prior to the event.