- Personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and cash (when registering in person) are acceptable forms of payment. Two price rates are offered.
- Currently enrolled UT students and RecSports members pay a reduced rate, while non-UT students and non-members pay the regular rate.
- If you are a student or member signing up online, we will apply the discount to your order when we process it.
- Full payment and all paperwork must be received by the registration deadline for all trips.
- The University of Texas at Austin and the Division of Recreational Sports cannot be held responsible for any injury, property loss or damaged equipment while participating in an Outdoor Recreation Program activity.
- All participants must be covered by medical insurance.
- For UT students - A $6.50 per day charge will be added to the cost of the trip for those students who cannot provide proof of current medical coverage at the time of registration.
- You will not be permitted to participate if we have not received payment for this insurance or a copy of your insurance card prior to the trip departure.
- All participants will be required to complete a medical authorization form and a release and indemnification agreement.
- Individuals participating on an overnight trip must also complete a participant health history form.
- All forms must be turned in to the Membership and Programs Office upon trip registration.
- Forms are available online or may be picked up from the Membership and Programs Office or the Outdoor Center.
- Completed forms may be faxed, mailed or delivered to the Membership and Programs Office.
Required Adventure Trip Forms
Refunds, Cancellations and Transfers
- Cancellation dates vary for each trip. The cancellation date is the date after which no refunds will be given.
- An administrative fee will be charged for all cancellations.
- Transfers may be made to another available activity at full value if done before the cancellation date. No transfers will be granted past the cancellation date.
- Recreational Sports reserves the right to cancel the trip due to insufficient registrations, inclement weather or other unforeseeable circumstances. If such a cancellation is necessary, the participant may choose between transferring to another available activity or being issued a full refund.
- All refund checks will be mailed by the University Accounting Office to the address shown on the participant’s registration form. Refunds take approximately 4-6 weeks to process.
- If for any reason you decide not to go on the trip the morning of the trip departure or if you are running late please call us!
- Pre-trip meetings are mandatory for all participants and are held in the Outdoor Center (GRE 2.104).
- Participants who do not attend the pre-trip meeting for the adventure trip they are registered for will forfeit their spot on the trip and will not be eligible for a refund.
Extended Trips (5 or more days)
- Participants registering for an extended trip (5 or more days in duration) typically have the option of paying only the deposit at the time of registration with the remaining balance due by the registration date.
- Priority registration periods for UT students are in effect for all extended adventure trips.
- Personal interviews will be used on extended adventures to evaluate whether a participant’s attitude and experience level are appropriate for the trip. UT RecSports reserves the right to refuse service to individuals whom it feels may bring a detrimental attitude or variance to the cooperative adventure experience.
Trip Information Sheets
- Upon registering you will receive a detailed trip information sheet that includes departure/return times, location descriptions, a basic gear list and general trip logistics.
- All trips require varying degrees of physical fitness. Please take the trip rating seriously. We are not qualified to evaluate your fitness level so you must evaluate your fitness level as appropriate for any given trip. If you are unsure of your physical condition you should consult with a physician before the trip.
- If you are unable to participate fully in a trip due to inadequate fitness your course fee will not be refunded. Additionally, it is very important that you not misrepresent your fitness level as doing so could cause the trip itinerary to be altered “mid-trip” to accommodate you. Having to alter a trip itinerary will have a negative impact on the experience of your peers and could lead to an emergency or rescue situation.
- If you have any special dietary needs or food allergies please make them well known at the time you register for your trip. For example, if you are “vegan” or have some type of special dietary requirement you may be required to pay an additional food supplement fee. This fee will be used to purchase food specifically to meet your dietary preference or need. If you have any questions of concerns regarding menu planning and preparation please contact us.
The Fine Print
- The Outdoor Recreation Program staff makes every effort to provide you with an enjoyable trip. You will assume the responsibility for many decisions affecting yourself during the activity, however, the guides have final authority and will not hesitate to dismiss those whose conduct is detrimental to themselves, the group or the activity site.
- Participants should be aware that outdoor activities can be physically demanding with inherent elements of risk and danger beyond our control. These risks include, but are not limited to the potential for accidents or illness while traveling to and from the activity sites, or while participating in activities in rugged mountain, wilderness and river terrain. While we do not assume liability for personal injury or death, every effort is made to minimize these risks.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on any Outdoor Recreation Program trip.