Would you like to learn to swim but have a schedule that keeps you from participating in a scheduled group class? Set up times that work best for you! Private Swim Instruction is an excellent way to learn new skills or improve existing ones by working one-on-one with a certified instructor.
- Participants must be a currently enrolled UT student or RecSports member.
- Available for ages 6 months through adult.
- Adult instruction can take place anytime the lap pools are open.
- Child instruction must take place during children's swimming hours.
- All lessons are one-on-one (instructor/participant) and 30 minutes in length.
- Instructor will contact you directly to coordinate days/times/locations.
- Most or all communication from RecSports will be via e-mail.
- Selected participants may participate in both sessions within a semester.
- Participants must register for Private Swim Instruction in GRE 2.204. Online registration is not available.
- Individuals not matched with an instructor will be eligible for a refund.
||Use Lessons By
||$100 for 5
- Participants are responsible for arriving on time to their lessons. Instructors are required to wait 10 minutes beyond the scheduled lesson start time before the session is considered forfeited. If the participant’s’ late arrival causes the lesson to begin after the scheduled start time those minutes may be deducted from the lesson.
- Except in the event of an emergency, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for the cancellation of a private swim lesson. Participants may be charged for lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. Participants should contact their instructor directly should they need to cancel. If a participant is unable to reach their instructor, they should contact the Programs Office at 512-471-3116.