Adult Tennis Classes
- Group tennis lessons are open to currently enrolled UT students, RecSports members and non-members.
- Private tennis lessons are open to currently enrolled UT students and RecSports members.
- All classes take place at Whitaker Courts. Location details.
- No make-up days for classes cancelled due to inclement weather.
This class is for players who have limited tennis experience or have never played before. This class will focus on learning the three basic tennis strokes – the forehand, the backhand, and the serve. By the end of the class, players should be able to reliably use these three skills to rally and play points. Players are expected to provide their own racquets and closed-toe shoes.
|Mon/Wed||September 9-October 2||5:30pm-6:30pm|
|Tue/Thu||September 10-October 3||6:30pm-7:30pm|
This class is for players who have developed consistency in their forehand, backhand, and serve. Players should be able to rally comfortably for an extended period of time. This class will focus on the expansion of the basic skillset that the beginner level introduced – the forehand stroke, the backhand stroke, and the serve. These lessons will also place more emphasis on point-play and learning both singles and doubles related skills, such as the forehand volley, the backhand volley, and the return of serve. Players are expected to provide their own racquets and closed-toe shoes.
|Mon/Wed||September 9-October 2||6:30pm-7:30pm|
This class is for players who have developed consistency in their ability to control the direction of the ball, have a consistent serve (being able to hit 6 out of 10), and understand the scoring system. A player should be able to rally a total of 10 balls in a row comfortably. This class will focus on integrating net play, service return and point-play strategies. Players are expected to provide their own racquets and closed-toe shoes.
|Tue/Thu||September 10-October 3||5:30pm-6:30pm|
- Participants are responsible for arriving on time to their lessons. Instructors are required to wait 10 minutes beyond the scheduled lesson start time before the session is considered forfeited. If the participant’s late arrival causes the lesson to begin after the scheduled start time those minutes may be deducted from the lesson.
- Except in the event of an emergency, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for the cancellation of a private lesson. Participants may be charged for lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. Participants should contact their instructor directly should they need to cancel. If a participant is unable to reach their instructor, they should contact RecSports at 512-471-6045.