Are you a current RecSports Member? Learn more about sponsoring others.
- RecSports offers monthly and year-long memberships to individuals who have no affiliation with the University (age 18 and older).
- Access to all University of Texas at Austin recreation facilities.
- Access to informal recreation equipment checkout.
- Eligible to purchase a membership for dependent children (age 15 and under).
|Child (15 and under)
|Sponsored by a current UT Student, Faculty, or Staff Member
|Sponsored by a retired UT Faculty or Staff Member
|PRC-Only Sponsored by a PRC-Only Faculty or Staff Member
|PRC-Only Sponsored by a PRC-Only Retired Faculty or Staff Member
How to Join
- Please visit the RecSports Memberships Office in person when joining RecSports for the first time. Prospective members must present a state issued photo ID or passport. At this visit all paperwork will be completed and non-UT members will be issued a RecSports photo ID. The Memberships Office is located inside Gregory Gym (GRE 2.204) and is open Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Additional Programs and Services
The following programs and services are available to Non-UT Affiliates that are RecSports members. Click on the program or service to learn more.
UT RecSports Members Sponsoring Others
Sponsoring Adults and Children Information
- Currently enrolled UT students, faculty, staff and retired faculty/staff who are RecSports members are eligible to sponsor one individual age 18 and older and any minor children.
- Sponsors must appear in person in the Memberships Office (GRE 2.204) and must complete a sponsorship agreement form.
- All membership fees are due at the time of purchase.
- Any prospective member will be required to visit the Memberships Office (GRE 2.204) in person when joining RecSports for the first time and must present a state issued photo ID or passport. At this visit all paperwork will be completed and non-UT members will be issued a RecSports photo ID.
Membership Policies For Child Members (Age 15 And Under)
- Each child, regardless of age, must possess a RecSports ID card while participating.
- The member child’s parent/guardian must remain in the immediate activity area to supervise the child at all times.
- Only children age 14 and up may use the weight and conditioning equipment in all areas except the faculty/staff weight room.
- Only children age 10 and up may use the basketball, handball, racquetball courts, squash courts, tennis courts, and indoor track.
- Children are not eligible to use the Climbing Wall.
- Children over the age of 4 are not permitted in the locker room of the opposite sex. Gender neutral changing space/restrooms are available at the Outdoor Aquatic Complex.
- Children are only able to use the aquatic facilities during designated children’s hours.
- Children may not use the outdoor spa.
- Swim diapers or plastic pants are required for children who are not toilet trained.
- Diaper changing is limited to the changing stations in the restrooms.