On Friday, April 27, the 2018 scholarship luncheon was held to recognize the 15 Recreational Sports student employees who were chosen to receive scholarships.
Thanks to generous donors, RecSports was able to award over $32,000 in funds to deserving students. Since the program's inception in 2006, RecSports has awarded over $212,000 to exceptional student staff members.
Over the past year, two more endowments were finalized: The Mark and Susan Baletka Endowed Scholarship and The Robert G. Childress Endowed Scholarship. These scholarships will be awarded in future years. Read more about the two newest scholarship endowments.
During this year's ceremony, the following scholarships were awarded to the following student employees:
- The Acacia Fraternity Endowed Scholarship: Viviana Macias
- The John M. Childs Endowed Scholarship: Gresham Urbanowski
- The Sylvie and Gary Crum Endowed Scholarship: Ian Overman
- The Delta Tau Delta Endowed Scholarship: Jameson McCausland
- The Kenneth Ford Family Endowed Scholarship: Emily Equitz
- The Bill Frisbie Endowed Scholarship: Benjamin Schwertner
- The Bill Patman Endowed Scholarship: Daisy Ramirez
- The Phi Gamma Delta Endowed Scholarship: Blair Lewis
- The Recreational Sports Endowed Scholarship: Brandon Besses
- The Spence and Nance Endowed Scholarship: Benjamin Solder
- The DeDe and Joe Bill Watkins Endowed Scholarship: Demi Manlandro
- The Thomas W. Dison Endowed Scholarship: Dominykus Bytautas & Jessica Wilczek
- The Mark L. Hart Jr. Endowed Scholarship: Brian Castelli & Sebastian Munoz
Scholarship Luncheon Photos