Canoeing San Marcos
San Marcos River, Texas
Join the Adventure Trip Program as we float, swim, and paddle down the San Marcos River and enjoy the beautiful natural habitat! We’ll break for a picnic lunch, on us!
The San Marcos River is known as the “cleanest river in Texas.” The river springs to life from the Edwards Aquifer, creating a beautiful clear-running river that remains a cool 72 degrees year-round. The upper San Marcos River is one of the most biologically diverse aquatic ecosystems known in the southwestern United States and has a number of endemic species that are isolated to the upper 4.5 miles of the river.
Trip Dates: May 4, 2019. Register by Friday, April 30.
Trip Rating: Beginners Welcome / Moderate Level of Activity
Pricing: $50 - UT students/RecSports members / $60 - Non-member price
|Pre-Trip Meeting||5/2||6:30pm||Outdoor Rental Center - Gregory Gym 2.104|
|Trip Departure||5/4||7:00am||Gregory Gym|
|Trip Return||5/4||6:00pm||Gregory Gym|
- Date and time: Thursday, May 2 at 6:30pm.
- Location: Outdoor Rental Center, Gregory Gym 2.104
- Pre-trip meetings are mandatory for all participants. Participants who do not attend the pre-trip meeting for the adventure trip they are registered for will forfeit their spot on the trip and will not be eligible for a refund.
The following list is meant to assist you in determining what equipment you will need to bring. Trip guides will review this list at the pre-trip meeting and will make changes and suggestions as needed.
- Clothes – comfortable, quick-dry fabrics you can get wet
- Athletic shoes you can get wet or river sandals with straps (no flip flops)
- Extra pair of shoes and dry clothes for ride home
- Rain gear – jacket and pants
- Swimsuit and towel
- Water bottles or hydration pack - at least 2 liters (no glass)
- Personal items: toiletries, sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, personal medications, etc.
- Pack to carry your items
- Money for food during drive
- Park access
- Food during non-driving part of trip
- All group gear
- Cancellation Date: Friday, April 26 by 5:00pm. No refunds will be given after this date.
- Refunds will be issued, minus a $20 administrative fee for those participants who cancel by 5:00pm on the cancellation date.
- Click here to learn more about Adventure Trip policies.