Hiking Colorado Bend State Park
Colorado Bend State Park, Texas
Colorado Bend State Park is an amazing escape into nature only about 2 hours outside of Austin! The park offers 32 miles of multiuse trails through beautiful scenery of the canyon lands and river where one can see caves, waterfalls, lakes, and abundant wildlife. Our group will hike and explore the park trails with a break for a picnic lunch on us!
Trip Dates: February 16, 2019. Register by Monday, February 11.
Trip Rating: Beginners Welcome / Moderate Level of Activity
Pricing: $40 - UT students/RecSports members / $50 - Non-member price
|Pre-Trip Meeting||2/13||6:30pm||Outdoor Rental Center - Gregory Gym 2.104|
|Trip Departure||2/16||8:00am||Gregory Gym|
|Trip Return||2/16||6:00pm||Gregory Gym|
- Date and time: Wednesday, February 13, 6:30pm
- Location: Outdoor Rental Center, Gregory Gym 2.104
- Pre-trip meetings are mandatory for all participants. Participants who do not attend the pre-trip meeting for the adventure trip they are registered for will forfeit their spot on the trip and will not be eligible for a refund.
The following list is meant to assist you in determining what equipment you will need to bring. Trip guides will review this list at the pre-trip meeting and will make changes and suggestions as needed.
- Clothes - comfortable, quick-dry, synthetic clothing appropriate in durability and temperature for the activity
- Hiking boots or sturdy athletic shoes
- Wool or synthetic socks and underwear
- Rain gear – jacket and pants
- Water bottles or hydration pack - at least 2 liters (no glass)
- Personal items: toiletries, sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, personal medications, small towel, etc.
- Pack to carry your items
- Money for food during drive
- Extra pair of shoes and dry clothes for ride home
- Cold weather gear (if applicable) - synthetic long underwear, fleece jacket/sweater/vest, warm outer jacket, gloves, wool or synthetic hat
- Park access
- Food during non-driving part of trip
- All group gear
- Cancellation Date: Friday, February 8 by 5:00pm. No refunds will be given after this date.
- Refunds will be issued, minus a $20 administrative fee for those participants who cancel by 5:00pm on the cancellation date.
- Click here to learn more about Adventure Trip policies.