Lady Bird Lake/Colorado River, Texas
Join us for a leisure paddle on Lady Bird Lake, a reservoir on the Colorado River with calm waters that flow through the heart of Austin! Paddling this stretch offers picturesque views of Austin parks, the hike and bike trail, Barton Creek, and the downtown skyline. We’ll start the morning paddling, break for a picnic lunch (provided), and continue exploring in the afternoon!
Trip Dates: April 14, 2019. Register by Monday, April 8.
Trip Rating: Beginners Welcome / Moderate Level of Activity
Pricing: $40 - UT students/RecSports members / $50 - Non-member price
|Pre-Trip Meeting||4/10||6:30pm||Outdoor Rental Center - Gregory Gym 2.104|
|Trip Departure||4/14||8:00am||Gregory Gym|
|Trip Return||4/14||5:00pm||Gregory Gym|
- Date and time: Wednesday, April 10 at 6:30pm
- Location: Outdoor Rental Center, Gregory Gym 2.104
- Pre-trip meetings are mandatory for all participants. Participants who do not attend the pre-trip meeting for the adventure trip they are registered for will forfeit their spot on the trip and will not be eligible for a refund.
The following list is meant to assist you in determining what equipment you will need to bring. Trip guides will review this list at the pre-trip meeting and will make changes and suggestions as needed.
- Clothes – comfortable, quick-dry fabrics you can get wet
- Athletic shoes you can get wet or river sandals with straps (no flip flops)
- Extra pair of shoes and dry clothes for ride home
- Rain gear – jacket and pants
- Swimsuit and towel
- Water bottles or hydration pack - at least 2 liters (no glass)
- Personal items: toiletries, sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, personal medications, etc.
- Pack to carry your items
- Money for food during drive
- Park access
- Food during non-driving part of trip
- All group gear
- Cancellation Date: Friday, April 5 by 5:00pm. No refunds will be given after this date.
- Refunds will be issued, minus a $20 administrative fee for those participants who cancel by 5:00pm on the cancellation date.
- Click here to learn more about Adventure Trip policies.