UT Faculty/Staff Hike and Glass-Bottom Boat Tour
Join the Adventure Trip Program and your fellow UT Faculty/Staff on a day trip to Spring Lake in San Marcos!
At the headwaters of the San Marcos River, more than 200 artesian springs bubble up to form Spring Lake. The crystal-clear waters are home to a wide variety of aquatic life including eight threatened and endangered species.
We'll hike and explore the beautiful trails around the lake, break for lunch, and then take a glass-bottom boat tour for a close-up view of the bubbling springs, fish, turtles, prawns, and the endangered Texas Blind Salamander.
Trip Dates: March 10, 2019. Register by Wednesday, March 6.
Trip Rating: Beginners Welcome/Moderate Level of Activity
Pricing: $30 RecSports members / $40 - Non-member price
|Pre-Trip Meeting||N/A||N/A||There will not be a Pre-Trip Meeting for this trip.|
|Trip Departure||3/10||9:00am||Gregory Gym|
|Trip Return||3/10||4:00pm||Gregory Gym|
The following list is meant to assist you in determining what equipment you will need to bring. Trip guides will review this list at the pre-trip meeting and will make changes and suggestions as needed.
- Clothes – comfortable, quick-dry fabrics appropriate for the weather
- Athletic shoes
- Water bottles or hydration pack - at least 2 liters (no glass)
- Personal items: toiletries, sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, personal medications, etc.
- Pack to carry your items
- Park access
- All group gear
- Cancellation Date: Friday, March 1 by 5:00pm. No refunds will be given after this date.
- Refunds will be issued, minus a $10 administrative fee for those participants who cancel by 5:00pm on the cancellation date.
- Click here to learn more about Adventure Trip policies.