Would you like to learn to swim but have a schedule that keeps you from participating in a scheduled group class? Set up times that work best for you! Private Swim Instruction is an excellent way to learn new skills or improve existing ones by working one-on-one with a certified instructor.
- Participants must be a currently enrolled UT student or RecSports member.
- Available for ages 6 months through adult.
- Adult instruction can take place anytime the lap pools are open.
- Child instruction must take place during children's swimming hours.
- All lessons are one-on-one (instructor/participant) and 30 minutes in length.
- Instructor will contact you directly to coordinate days/times/locations within two weeks of the registration closing date.
- Most or all communication from RecSports will be via e-mail.
- Selected participants may participate in both sessions within a semester.
- Individuals not matched with an instructor will be eligible for a refund.
- Online registration is not available for Private Swim Lessons. To register for private swim lessons please visit our office, located inside Gregory Gym at GRE 2.204 to register. Our office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Registration closes on the dates indicated below or whenever all available slots for that session are filled, whichever comes earlier.
- Participants will be contacted by their instructor within two weeks of the registration closing date.
||Use Lessons By
|Spring 2019 I
|Spring 2019 I
|Spring 2019 II
|Summer 2019 I
- Participants are responsible for arriving on time to their lessons. Instructors are required to wait 10 minutes beyond the scheduled lesson start time before the session is considered forfeited. If the participant’s’ late arrival causes the lesson to begin after the scheduled start time those minutes may be deducted from the lesson.
- Except in the event of an emergency, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for the cancellation of a private swim lesson. Participants may be charged for lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. Participants should contact their instructor directly should they need to cancel. If a participant is unable to reach their instructor, they should contact RecSports at 512-471-6045.