Open to currently enrolled UT students, students with an interim summer pass, and faculty/staff with RecSports memberships.
- The Outdoor center is conveniently located just down the hall from the weight room
- Staffed by friendly, knowledgeable outdoor enthusiasts
- Over 200 books/videos available to check out for free
- Information on state and national parks
- Contacts for planning camping, hiking, fishing and paddling trips
- Let us help you plan your next outing
Outdoor equipment can be expensive to purchase. This service gives you the opportunity to participate in outdoor activities without a big investment. New equipment is added to the rental inventory on a regular basis to give you high quality outdoor gear. Be sure to plan ahead and reserve your equipment in advance of your outing!
Outdoor equipment is available for rent in the Outdoor Center, located at GRE 2.104. Experienced staff members are available when picking up and returning equipment. You can receive instruction on tent set-up, stove use and much more.
Outdoor Center Rental Policies
- Rental equipment and resource materials are available to University of Texas-Austin students and faculty/staff with current RecSports memberships. A valid UT ID is required.
- Reservations may be made in person up to one week in advance at the Outdoor Center. The full rental fee must be paid upon making a reservation. Equipment not reserved is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rental rates are determined as follows:
Daily 24 hour period (Monday - Friday)
Weekend Friday - Monday
Weekly Seven-day period
- A refund, less a $5 administrative fee, will be issued for reservations canceled more than 48 hours prior to pick-up. Cancellations within 48 hours of pick-up will not be eligible for a credit or refund.
- No credit or refund will be issued for items rented but not used or for early return. Rainchecks will not be issued.
- Late fees will be assessed at 1.5 times the daily rate for each business day the equipment is late past the agreed return date.
- Equipment must be properly cleaned, dried and packed prior to its return. Users will be assessed a cleaning fee for equipment that is returned dirty.
- Fees will be assessed at the current retail price for repair or replacement of damaged or lost equipment.
- Individuals abusing equipment or not following procedures may be ineligible to rent equipment in the future.
- If renting equipment for a group, please be aware that the individual renting the equipment is ultimately responsible for all equipment and any resulting late, lost, repair or cleaning fees.
|Who is eligible to rent equipment from the Outdoor Center?
|Rental equipment and resource materials are available to students and faculty/staff with current RecSports memberships. A valid UT ID is required.
|Where can I turn in my rented equipment if I can't make it to the Outdoor Center during operating hours?
|All rented equipment must be returned to the Outdoor Center. The Programs office does not have the ability to check-in or hold any equipment.
|What happens if it rains or I don't use the equipment I have rented?
|Unfortunately, we do not issue rainchecks, and no credit or refund will be issued for items rented but not used or for early return.